Friday 22 January 2010

Bench Mark Photos

I guess these are some of my bench mark photos, the ones I can look back on and see how well (or not) I'm getting on. You can view the rest of them at my Flickr site here.

I have started out by firstly getting my Nikon D5000 for Christmas, and then reading my way through the first few chapters of a book called 'Digital Photography Masterclass', written by Tom Ang and published by DK books. It has helped a complete novice like myself go from point and shoot to producing these images, really getting to grips with the basics of the camera. The exercises included in the book are great for getting you to explore new ideas and concepts, and the examples and evaluation of others work is really useful.


I can highly reccomend getting a copy if you want to improve a little more or like me didn't have a clue what to do when you picked up your first SLR.

I hope that when I finaly finish my Art of Photography course that I can look back on these Images and see how far I've come, what I've improved, how my style has progressed. There will always be shots that I hate or didn't come out the way I wanted, maybe I'll come to dislike these images when I have learnt how to control my photography better. For the moment I'm pleased with these images, the improvement from just reading a few chapters in a book has been immense! I just hope my whole learning experience will always be as exciting and invigorating as creating these first photo's were :)

2 comments:

  1. I can recommend using live writer http://download.live.com/writer when writing blogposts. much easier than doing it directly and easier to get it to look the way you want.
    I have had posting this as some of the boxes etc cannot be seen on the black background

    ReplyDelete
  2. missing the word trouble in the last sentence in first comment

    ReplyDelete