Monday 25 October 2010

Variety with a Low Sun

These shots were taken just to experiment with low sunlight and see what effects and images I could produce with the sun from different angles etc.

DSC_0011

The sun reflecting directly off the clock in Guildford makes it look particularly golden, and the orange glow on the white buildings casts interesting deep shadows over the architecture.

DSC_0081

I like the tones in the sky that has silhouetted the trees in front of it. I wish I had used different setting so that I could have captured a deeper shade of orange to intensify the image.

DSC_0085

This is a particularly cute shot, and the highlight of the low sun down the edge of Holly’s head and body really accentuates her shape.

DSC_0251

Again the low sun cast sideways on this koala in Melbourne creates deep shadows and strong highlights which really shows off its cuddly shape. The orange tones in the tree are amplified and makes the image feel more authentically Australian.

DSC_0433

This is a personal favourite of my shots taken in Melbourne city whilst on my holiday. It had been raining but the sun came out at the last moment of the day and shone directly down the street. It highlights the shapes of the skyscrapers  and adds interesting reflections to the water on the road. The lights from the vehicles also have added interest to the reflections which are picking up the oranges from the low sun in the horizon. Again I wish I had been able to pick up deeper colours to make it feel more dramatic, but it will take some more practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment